Sunday, June 11, 2006

Minor Project 2:

During my reading of form and space, I found it interesting that form is considered to be "positive" while space is considered to be "negative". As I read further, I was still stuck on the connections of form and space until I read further into negative and positive space. As I read deeper into unit 2, what I found very interesting was, "Situations can occur when a particular group of forms come together to support each other and compete in such a way that the (normally negative) space is given form by the positive elements. In such cases, our eyes have trouble working out what is form and what is ground. This creates ambiguity, which can be intriguing and stimulate visual excitement." The "Face front" example on pg. 12 shows a vase but also, to some eyes, two people looking at each other. I enjoy trying to figure out pictures like these because they challenge your eyes and make you appreciate what's really inside and around the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home