Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Minor Project 3:

Part 1: For my Major Project 1, I have decided to have my theme to be flight. I have chosen flight because there are so many different opportunities to maneuver and create different aspects of flight. I am thinking of using birds or a plane in the distance as my sky or maybe both. Possibly a view of New York City in the distance as well. I haven't decided what else to add, but the last picture will be the thing that brings it together and shows the meaning of the picture, or so I hope. Using different blending tools, along with opacity and resizing, I hope to make the viewer think that the birds and the third picture are coming right at them.

Part 2: What I found interesting and significant about composition is what painter Henri Matisse believed, which was, "....composition is the art of arranging the various elements so as to express feelings in a decorative fashion." Art is all about feelings from how I see it. The colors, objects in the painting or photo, and even size in a sense "speak" to the viewer of the image and tell them what is going on in the image. What I also found that I felt was very important was how we cannot forget that the computer is just another tool and how it cannot do the thinking for you.

Part 3:

http://www.karineriksson.se/press/interior/private-residence-sweden-close-up.htm

This is an example of near/far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home