Friday, June 30, 2006

Minor Project 9:

Part 1:

What I found to be very interesting was the fact that some fonts that we use today have been around ever since the 16th century. Some of us today consider these fonts as just certain style to make something look cool, but back then, these fonts meant something. To me, that is fascinating. What I had also found to be interesting, new, and significant all in one was the idea of leading. Up to now, I have not heard of the term leading in designing terms. I have a feeling that leading will become significant in the future during text designing in future projects. The thought that designers can exploit the aspect of letter forming by "carefully manipulating suggestive letter forms so that they become images in their own right" interests me a lot. I love trying to figure out what certain words mean, but at the same time what they are trying to make out as an image.

Part 2:





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home